Alexa Dot Setup
The Amazon Echo Dot is the cutest and smallest smart speaker in the Echo family. Let us explain you how to complete Alexa dot setup to get the most out of your Alexa device. Given below are the tips with which even non tech-savvy person can setup the echo device without out any error.
Unbox the gadget and other amenities and then follow these instructions:
- Use the micro USB cable to connect the Dot to the power supply with the help of adapter and the wall socket.
- Select a preferred location – a spot where you get the good Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Co-centric spots in a room or hall considered as the ideal spots as from here, the Alexa can hear you from any corner.
- Once the light ring at the top displays the blue light, it means your gadget is now well connected to the power supply.
- From this point, you must wait for a few seconds for the Alexa Dot Setup initialization. With the orange light on the ring, you will be notified that your device is ready to go under the configuration process.
Configuring the Device
The best thing about Amazon gadgets is they always tends to make life simpler and easier. So is the case with Echo Dot configuration. Simple tactics for the configuration are:
- As like for other Echo Devices, the first step is to download and install the Amazon Alexa app. You can search it online or can use the google play store or the app store ( for iOS users).
- Use your Amazon ID and password to login or create a new Amazon account using . Tap on add a device and choose “Echo Dot” from the list that will appear on your screen.
- Precisely follow the steps that appears on your screen and complete the configuration.
Troubleshooting Various Alexa Dot Setup Errors
Troubleshooting Amazon Echo’s initial setup
If there is a possibility of stumble in Alexa Dot Setup, it seems to be the second error “device registration failed” error. Please see the troubleshooting regarding the first Wi-Fi network for reference.
Troubleshoot Wi-Fi network
Amazon Echo is a prerequisite service with internet connection. For this reason, it is necessary for the Wi – Fi network to be maintained in the home. If you have a smartphone, in most cases, I think that this problem has already been cleared and I think that this condition is satisfied at the time of ordering, so I will skip the details. I will write only points.
Amazon Echo supports dual band (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz). However, corresponding 5 GHz band channels are only 36, 40, 44, 48. Please be careful when setting the channel automatically. Supported wireless LAN standards are only 802.11a / b / g / n, not 802.11ac. It is recommended to use AES only if possible (rather use AES for other devices). Although the protocol supports WPA or WPA 2, it is recommended to use WPA 2 only if possible.
Even if you are using a wireless LAN repeater that wirelessly connects a wireless LAN router to a broadband router, no problem as long as other terminals can connect to that Wi-Fi network
In the situation where other terminals can not connect to the Wi-Fi network in the first place, there is no problem on the network side rather than Amazon Echo.
Reasons Behind Various Alexa Dot Setup Errors
- Frequent restarting of the router
- Issues with MAC address control
- Firewall Issues
- Duplicate allocation of IP address by DHCP
- Just because the SSID was not visible because the stealth function was enable
- The line was too poor
- If there is no problem with the Wi-Fi network but the Wi-Fi setup can not be completed.
Other Errors You Might Face
An error occurred while registering the device could not connect device to Wi-Fi network
“Error 1” , “Error 12: 1: 107: 22: 1” , “Error 6: 1: 103: 0: 1”
If the above error 1 is not 1 , try the following procedure.
- Delete the Amazon Alexa application and install it again from the App Store
- Sign out from the Amazon Alexa app
- Uncheck ‘Save password to Amazon’ when connecting to Wi-Fi network
- Reset Amazon Echo (hold down the microphone button and volume down button) and start setup from the beginning
- By repeating this procedure, you may be able to connect to the Wi – Fi network with a few challenges. However, if error 1 is displayed, you probably can not connect to the Wi-Fi network no matter how many times you try.